› Forums › Latest In Tech › My smartphone’s battery life is so poor. What can I do to boost it? › Improve Your Smartphone Battery Life
Himani MHKeymasterLet’s speak about your smartphone battery life and health, which is perhaps one of the most overlooked yet critical components of any gadget.
- January 18, 2022 at 10:22 am
People frequently complain about their new smartphone battery life performance degrading after only a few months of ownership. A significant portion of this is determined by how you use your smartphone and your charging habits.
Ways To Improve Your Smartphone Battery Life
- Never charge your smartphone until it reaches 0%. Instead, connect your phone to a charger as soon as the battery dips below 20%, rather than waiting for it to reach 0%.
- For better smartphone battery life, it is recommended that you do not charge your phone completely. When your phone reaches 90% charge, you can stop charging it. This can keep your smartphone from overcharging, resulting in longer battery life.
- In addition to overcharging your phone, it is never a good idea to let it charge throughout the night. Most phones charge completely within 90 minutes, therefore charging it overnight is seldom recommended.
- Gadgets now recommend utilising a conventional 5W adaptor for charging most of the time, rather than rapid charging when it isn’t necessary. It suggests that utilising a regular charger may take longer to charge your phone but will be beneficial in the long term.
- Smartphones are equipped with a ‘power saving’ option. It must be turned on at all times, not only when the phone’s battery is going low. This technique aids in the health of the battery.
- Another critical action you can take is to switch off your WiFi and Bluetooth whenever they are not in use. This will significantly extend the life of your battery.
- Avoid charging other devices with the wireless reverse charging capability, such as earphones. It should only be used when absolutely necessary. Using this function has a progressive influence on your phone’s battery life.
- It has always been recommended that you do not charge your smartphone using random charging adapters and cords. This is not just a good battery-life technique but also a good approach to data security.